Reading is the cornerstone of all curricular activities. Through reading fluency and interpretation children are able to access all other areas of interest.
Reading comprehension assessments are the first step to analysing the potential of your child.
The Literacy Lounge uses a mixture of different techniques to enhance ability.
The stages of reading are varied and complex. They include:
- Letter and word recognition
- Using textual cues
- Reading for meaning and enjoyment
- Explanations of inferred meanings
- Interpreting texts, whilst engaging with a wide variety of texts.
- Relating to the text and understanding the context in which it was written.
- Analysing literary features
- Awareness of different layouts.